DATA (PRIVACY) PROTECTION POLICY
In the course of serving you, Star of Moving may obtain personal information about you. Acquiring this information enables us to provide the highest level of service to you, but at the same time we acknowledge and respect the privacy rights of individuals relating to personal information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Star of Moving collects personal information to understand and meet our customers and potential customer’s needs and to fulfill our business objectives. This information is collected by various sources including information provided by its customers, agents other representatives or any third party agents authorized to act on behalf of Star of Moving.
Personal Information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, identification number, passport details, date of birth, Job or Title and may also include financial information, such as credit card or other bank account data, or any other data provided related to the performance of moving, storage, relocation or other associated services. However, Star of Moving limits its collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for its intended purpose and thus does not collect any information that is not relevant to the business or objectives in delivering approved services.
When you visit our website www.starofmoving.com your browsing information (your browser type and the pages of the website that you visit) will be collected.
THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Your personal information will allow us to provide and manage your required needs. It will also enable us to analyses the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. This use of information may include:
- Administer this website
- Personalize the website for you
- Enable your access to and use of the website services
- Send to you statements and invoices
- Collect payment from you
- Send you marketing communications
- Provide the moving, relocation or storage services requested.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Star of Moving does not share your personal information with any third parties except as disclosed in this policy.
We may provide personal information to Star of Moving subcontractors and Global moving partners (which shall be bound by privacy obligations) in order to facilitate and carry out authorized services.
We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except subject to the categories listed below.
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a legitimate instruction from a government agency
- Government entities, courts or other entities, such as in response to summons or other legal or regulatory processes, or to protect against fraud
- Pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction
- Where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate
- To debt collection agencies to assist with collection of overdue or unpaid debts due to Star of Moving SECURITY
Personal information is stored in a combination of paper and electronic files. Personal information held by Star of Moving is not accessible publically. We take reasonable measures to protect personal information against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including credit card information that is submitted to us through defined procedures and appropriate technology designed for that purpose.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural guidelines to protect your Personal Information.
- We assess our security standards and procedures from time to time to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information.
- We store Personal Information only as long as needed for legitimate business purposes, or as required by contractual or legal requirements.
- We limit access to Personal Information on need to know basis only that is required to provide services to our customers.
Star of Moving Ltd will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
CHOICE AND CONSENT
By engaging Star of Moving, you willingly authorise the collection, use, retention and disclosure of your personal information to Star of Moving and 3rd parties within the Supply Chain for the purpose of performing your relocation. You may choose not to allow the sharing of your Information with third parties (“Optout”). If you Opt-out of the sharing of your Information, Star of Moving will be unable to provide services to you. Your option allowing or denying the information to be shared may be changed at any time by contacting Head Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The cookies used on our website help us to understand the popular paths that user’s take to our site, which in turn helps us to improve the user experience and further enhance our site.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
- withdraw consent, if consent was the lawful basis for processing;
- require us to erase your personal information;
- require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller; and
If you withdraw consent, we may not be able to assist in any insurance claims, and this could affect the efficiency in which your removal is processed.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exemptions apply. All requests should be made to our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com